Parish Of Birth
St. Patrick’s College, Maynooth Co Kildare, Ireland
Details Of Ordination
St. Patrick’s College Chapel, Maynooth, Co. Kildare
Turner’s Cross PP : 2/9/1957 – 14/8/1965
Bandon PP : 8/9/1943 – 2/9/1957
Cathedral Adm : 1/5/1937 – 8/9/1943
South Parish CC : 5/10/1924 – 1/5/1937
Ss. Peter & Paul’s CC : 7/7/1918 – 5/10/1924
Chaplain, Military Prison/Cork : 11/10/1908 – 7/7/1918
Chaplain, North Infirmary : 11/10/1908 – 7/7/1918
Chaplain, Presentation Convent, Crosshaven : 21/4/1907 – 11/10/1908
Clontead AP : 3/12/1906 – 21/4/1907
Inchigeela AP : 09/1906 – 3/12/1906
He was a step-brother of Very Rev. Jeremiah Cullinane, P.P., Belgooly (retired).
In 1931, when the Church of Christ the King at Turner’s Cross was completed (being then in the South Parish), Fr. Cullinane was appointed senior curate there.
In 1957, Bishop Lucey set up Turners Cross as a parish and it was most appropriate that he chose as its first Parish Priest the same priest who had been its first senior curate.
Appointed Canon of the Cathedral Chapter on the 8/9/1937.
Appointed Vicar Forane (V.F.) of the Bandon Deanery on the 8/9/1943.
Appointed Dean of the Diocese on the 7/6/1961.
Date Of Death
Place Of Death
Bon Secours Hospital, Cork
Place Of Burial
St. Patrick’s Church Cemetery, Bandon
His Lordship, Most Rev. Dr. Lucey, Bishop of Cork & Ross was the celebrant of the Solemn Requiem Mass. The deacon was, Very Rev. Robert V. Powell, Adm. Cathedral; sub-deacon was, Very Rev. Jeremiah Canon O’Mahony, P.P., Douglas, and the masters of the ceremonies were Very Rev. Daniel Canon Connolly, P.P., Ss. Peter & Paul’s, and Very Rev. Dr. Jeremiah J. O’Sullivan, Dean of Residence, U.C.C.