Bishop Fintan visits St. Joseph’s, Mayfield.

During Bishop Fintan’s visit to St Joseph’s Parish, Mayfield. From left: Neil McLaughlin (assistant sacristan), Bishop Fintan, Eddie Mahoney (sacristan) and Fr Myles McSweeney.

Bishop Fintan Gavin continued his pastoral visits to the parishes of the diocese on Sunday when he visited St. Joseph’s Parish, Mayfield.

The parish includes Dillon’s Cross, Montenotte and part of Mayfield.

The parish church was built in 1881 as a second church in St. Patrick’s Parish but the area became a parish in its own right when the city expanded.