Parish Of Birth
Enniskeane / Desertserges
Irish College, Paris France
Details Of Ordination
Uibh Laoire PP : 1888 – 25/6/1908
Cathedral CC : 1875 – 1888
Blackrock CC : 1869 – 1875
Kilbrittain CC : 1867 – 1869
Schull CC : 1865 – 1867
During a portion of his time as Curate at the Cathedral he acted as chaplain to the Most Rev. Dr. Delany, Bishop of Cork.
He built the little chapel and erected the Stations of the Cross at the shrine of St. Finbarr in Gougane Barra, Co. Cork.
In 1904 he established Colaiste Na Mumhan (Irish Training College at Beal Ath’n Ghaorthaig (Ballingeary, Co. Cork).
He was one of the first to bring before the public the history of Blessed Thaddeus McCarthy, having discovered some manuscripts relating to him in the French libraries.
Date Of Death
Place Of Death
Parochial House, Inchigeela, Co. Cork
Place Of Burial
St. Finbarr’s Oratory, Gougane Barra, Co. Cork
The celebrant of the Solemn Requiem Mass was, Fr. James O’Mahony, C.C., St. Patrick’s; deacon was, Fr. Philip C. McSweeney, C.C., Kilmichael; sub-deacon was, Fr. John Callanan, C.C., Durrus, and the master of ceremonies was, Fr. Timothy Murphy, C.C., Inchigeela.