Parish Of Birth
Clonakilty PP : 1864 – 2/2/1869
Ardfield PP : 1863 – 1864
Rath and the Islands PP : 1851 – 1863
Skibbereen CC : 1848 – 1851
In 1849, the present day Diocese of Ross became an independant Diocese, having been united with the Diocese of Cloyne since 1748. After 1849, some of the priests in the Diocese of Ross might have spent much of their clerical ministry working in parishes in what are now part of the present day Diocese of Cloyne. For instance, we find Fr. Henry Leader as a curate in Lisgoold (1838), Aghada (1839), Charleville (1844) – parishes now in the present day Cloyne Diocese, prior to his appointment at curate of Skibbereen(1848).
Appointed Vicar General of the Diocese of Ross 1864.
On the 5/6/1937, Mgr Peter Hill, P.P.V.G., Clonakilty, transfered the remains of Very Rev. Henry Leader from the old Parish Church of Clonakilty and reinterred them in the grounds of the Church of the Immaculate Conception, Clonakilty.
Date Of Death
Place Of Death
Clonakilty, Co. Cork
Place Of Burial
Re-interred in the grounds of the Church of the Immaculate Conception, Clonakilty
His Lordship, Most Rev. Dr. O’Hea, Bishop of Ross, presided at the Solemn Requiem Mass. The celebrant was, Fr. Paul Kingston, C.C., Clonakilty; deacon was, Fr. John Walsh, C.C., Dunmanway; sub-deacon was, Fr. Timothy McCarthy, C.C., Ardfield, and the master of ceremonies was, Fr. Matthew O’DOnovan, C.C., Skibbereen.